22 November 2009

jonas' news

so, i called home on my way back from our relief society "make and take" and ben told me that jonas had some news for me when i got home. i heard jonas say, "no, i want to tell her now." jonas got on the phone and said, "mommy, i have a girlfriend now." haha, i knew he liked this little girl, jenna, and she even came trick or treating with us for a little bit, but now he is calling her his girlfriend. so far, no kissing, thank goodness, but he has held her hand.

jonas then went to a birthday party for his friend, shawn, tonight and jenna was there. while we were getting ready for bed, he told me he had more "news" for me. he and jenna are getting married and his friend isaiah is buying the ring for him... what??? my 5 year old is engaged! haha.

6 comments:

Margo said...

too funny! he is not allowed to play with thomas now that he is so mature : )

Christy said...

:) Haha! I love it! I am so jealous! I want to go to New Moon so bad!! I'm glad it was good. :)

Lisa said...

Too cute.

Maryanne said...

How funny-- and that he wanted to tell you himself right away!

Colt said...

Mormons move fast.

Unknown said...

I think when I was 5 I had a boyfriend too - except I just thought he was my friend . Then in 2nd grade he decided girls have cooties and he stopped hanging out with me. he lived across the street.