13 March 2009

this week, in review

so, i have been slacking a bit at posting on the blog, in case you didn't notice. to be honest, i haven't even been on facebook all that much either. but i thought i would write a bit about all that has happened this last week...

ben and i had our 7th anniversary! wow, am i am old married person or what!!! i love that man and i am so happy that we have had opportunity to spend some time together and celebrate. i even gave in and went to the chinese buffet in cranberry on saturday. so not my favorite place.

jonas is now registered for kindergarten! crazy, i know. i can't believe my "baby" will be 5 years old next month and that he will be going to school in the fall. i did not work on monday so we took jonas to tour his new school- forbes elementary. he was excited to see all the kids bowling in the gymnasium and the lunch room.

ben is also registered for school. he will be starting at point park university in may for his certification to teach journalism, english, and theatre. i am very happy for him as i know this is a program that he is very excited about. life is definitely going to be busy for the next 1 1/2 years, but it will so be worth it.

porter, sweet porter, is going to be 5 months old in just 2 days. this week he got his 2 bottom teeth. he has been so dang cranky but is now a lot happier since his teeth have broken through. i so love that kid. he still amazes me at how well he sleeps and how gosh darn cute he is. here are some updated pictures- i was trying to get him to sit up but needed to help- notice my hand...





5 comments:

Bobbie said...

I LOVE that last picture of Porter. Holy cow, your boys have the most beautiful eyes. And that's so great that Ben is going back to school. I can totally see him teaching.

rachel said...

Aww! Thanks Bobbie!

Maryanne said...

Jonas is big! I almost cried when I sent Alexander off to Kindergarten this year (and then did later when his bus was late getting home). That's great for Ben and happy anniversary to you guys. I loved that last pic of Porter too.

Emily M said...

Congrats on the anniversary. That all sounds great. Hey, I need all of your delicious recipes. Do you have them typed up anywhere? I've just been thinking about what a better quality of life we would have if I cooked like you. You are amazing. Particularly the berry soup, and your chocolate caramel cake-- many other ones, but I'm not thinking very well. Missin' you!

Emily M said...

OH, I love your dips for fruit and veggies, etc.