03 May 2009

100 posts and 13 miles

wow, today was quite the day. first, this is my 100th post on our blog. well, i think ben did make 1 post, so technically it is my 99th, but still we know have 100 posts on our blog! i am proud of myself for being so diligent.

today was the pittsburgh marathon. it was the first time in 6 years that the marathon has come back to pittsburgh. ben of course wanted to participate. he has been in numerous 5ks and even a mini-triathalon, but this was his first marathon. my day was lovely. ben woke up at 6:00 am and headed down to the strip. the boys slept in until 8:30 am. woo hoo, and port didn't wake up until 10:30 am!!! ben completed the half-marathon! i am SO proud of him. (and gosh, you have to know i am proud because i used caps!) here is a picture of my awesome man with his shirt and medal.


after ben came home, we headed over to gma and gpa kelly's for lunch. delicious. this evening we had many of our friends over for a bbq. it was quite fun. there was only 1 bloody nose- poor lochlan. thanks everyone for coming over. we used our new grill and picnic table. ben bought quite a fancy grill cover. and in the spirit of pittsburgh and the marathon, i thought i would include a picture.

1 comment:

James said...

For awesome. I started running recently, but that is many times more than I could contemplate running.